Monday, December 6, 2010

Smile, Baby.. Smile..

When I was pregnant, my Mother In Law (MIL) had always advised me to smile and be more cheerful cause she wanted her grandchild to be a cheerful baby as well.

It was quite difficult to maintain a cheerful mode all the time since I had to go through morning sickness which was quite bad for the first 4 months. Having my Hubby around did not make things any better as he even asked if I had slept too much which was why I was feeling drowsy all day.

I could not stand the smell of coffee, yes.. not even the smell, not to mention gulping the brown liquid down my throat. I could not stand the taste of MSG, so I could not take outside food as they always contained plenty of it. I even hated my favourite fish slice meehoon with salted vegetable. It just tasted real bad to me.

How awful! My son made me hate all the good stuff and I had no choice but to obey his taste. I ended up not eating as much and sometimes when I vomit, I could see the yellow bile in it.

After the 4 long months,  I was hoping that things would be much better but not really. I still felt as though I was having a mild fever all day long. Feeling giddy, nausea and sensitive to strong smell..

By the 7th month, things got better. I was starting to feel more energetic but still, I was sensitive to strong smelling food and MSG. Coffee.. sipped a little once or twice in a week from my Hubby's mug. Why on earth does my son has such a healthy taste? '

Despite feeling uneasy and weak all day long, I tried my best to be happy and put on a smile.. tried to adjust and find ways to make myself comfortable and ate the food that I thought I or rather my son liked. Smiling is tiring but I had to at least when I was at work since I had to meet customers frequently.

Towards the end of my pregnancy, I was almost always bugging my Hubby to bring me out for shopping, a walk in the park or around the neighbourhood and watch movies (we just could not refrain ourselves from watching horror movies though).

And there, I have a happily smiling baby now.. He smiles at us and even at strangers whom he has never met before. I am glad he is happy and most importantly, healthy.

So, I guess, MIL was right once that a Cheerful Mummy makes a Happy Baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment