Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Mutiara Damansara, Selangor - The Curve Nursing Room

Before going out for work on my first few days after my maternity leave, I was worried that I might not be able to pump comfortably and bring milk back for my Little Jen.

I am working in the Sales line and it is not like I will always be at the same area whenever I go out for Customer Visits. So, in a way, it is nice that I have sort of a flexi-schedule but on the other hand, it is very cumbersome as I will have to always be on a look-out for Nursing Rooms.

For the first few Customer Visits, I had Customer Visits around the Sungai Buloh and Kepong area. I searched online and found out that The Curve has a Nursing Room and so, there I went during lunch break for pumping.

http://www.thecurve.com.my/

Interesting enough, the room was very nicely decorated with a purple coloured theme. The Nursing Room is on the 2nd floor of The Curve where most of the shops for Babies and Mummies were. So, you will find a lot of families around the area and there is also a row of sofa for waiting Daddies.

Inside, unfortunately there was no hot water faciility for sterilizing the equipments/milk-making. However, not a problem for me since I have sterilised my equipments in the morning before leaving for work.

There are 2 small cubicles with pretty curtains and small doors for privacy. One is with electric socket and the other does not have any. So, I chose the one with electric socket most of the time, when it was available, since I wanted to use my electric breast pump.

On weekends, the rooms are usually occupied and we have to wait for our turn.

Just right outside the room, there is sort of a Security booth with some cleaning staffs. It is very comforting to know that you have your safety/privacy guarded when you nurse/pump. And of course, the comfortable sofas outside that attracts Daddies to be on guard there also help a lot. Oh, there is also a button for you to press in case of Emergency in the Nursing cubicles.. Nice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment