Thursday, December 16, 2010

26 Years Old Mummy - Too young?

When my customer heard that I had been working for only 2 years, he was already cracking his head to try to guess my age. I am 26 years old this year and I am already a Mummy to a 5+ months old baby.

Then he was saying that he is already 31 years old and his daughter is only 1 year old. So, by the time he is 50, his eldest child will be 20 years old. Being a 20 year old in 20 years' time, most probably she is still a student and has to wait for a few years before being financially independent. He got married at the age of 27 which is exactly the same age as my hubby now but he only managed to get a child after 3 years of marriage. Still, I guess, he cannot be any more thankful when he compares himself to other childless couple that is actually very common nowadays.

As for me and my Hubby, when I am 49 and he is 50, our Little Jen will already be about 23 years old. Hope that by then he will be independent enough to take the world on his own. That is our hope for our Little Jen. That will be the time when we can relax a little bit especially since we do not have to work so hard to support our child or children.

That is one of the main reason why we decided to tie the knot early. And, of course, before that I had to be sure that my Hubby is as certain as I am on our decision - that we shall be Man and Wife till death do us part. Also, looking at our aging parents, we hope that we can bring them joy and also new excitement in life by giving them the grandchild that they have been longing for years.

And yes, it is surprising how much joy it brings to both of our families.

My Mum is being more mischievous now and she will always try to wake my Little Jen up whenever he falls asleep - Come play with Ah Ma. Dad seems to be remisniscing about his role as a Daddy to Me when I was a newborn - He addressed himself as Papa to my Little Jen once. MIL is showing off her new-found talents as guitarist and football player whenever Little Jen is cranky. FIL is leading a healthier life now as he is taking Little Jen out for a walk every evening.

Me.. Buzzy Mummy.. working during the day and a full-time Mummy at night till he wakes up in the morning and the cycle repeats itself every single day. I'm loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment