Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My Post-Pregnancy Diet - First 1-2 months

1-2 months after Delivery...

I admit that I had been a little careful as not to eat too much so that I could slim down faster, since I had gained a total of 20kg since pre-pregnancy. However, Mum kept making so much for me that I felt bad if I did not finish my food.

I had chicken with ginger, pork with ginger, vege with ginger, fish with ginger.. in short, all the dishes were with ginger to help expel wind after delivery. The nurse and doctor did advise to take less ginger and so, my Mum had toned down on the volume of ginger used in my diet.

I especially liked the preserved vegetables and pork trotters in black vinegar as they felt so much more appetising than the rest and not as dry. Funny, I hated ginger but food without ginger tasted bland to me and that was also part of the reason I ate less during confinement.

Once, my Mum made me half boiled eggs at 9am, and then rice wine vermicelli at 11am and then... by 1pm, she prepared lunch for me, rice with fish! I had to finish them up.

During the Full Moon party, my Mum complained to my relatives that I ate alot during confinement! Goodness.. I was just finishing up the food she made for me, knowing that I would not have chance to be at home for a whole month until my next baby :p

No comments:

Post a Comment