Friday, June 17, 2011

Tinted Window Film - For UV-proof windows

In the past 2 years, I have been working with my laptop sitting right next to a window. Unable to move into the room although it is temptingly cooler and cosier in there as there is just not enough room for another table. No choice, I have to live with the window during the day come rain or shine.

Just a few months back, I realised that the pigmentation on my face had darkened a lot and oh, there were also freckles on my right shoulder, the side most exposed to the harsh sun rays. Poor me.. and I complained to Hubby.

Now I am determined to take better care of myself before things get any worse. So, I am applying sunscreen everyday before sun rises and re-apply after lunch break. Alright, I never applied sunscreens before this thinking that I could get away since I was not going outdoor.

The next thing now, I am planning to get the windows tinted with 99% UV resistant films! I called and emailed a few companies including one in Seri Kembangan. The lady in the particular shop actually laughed when I told her I wanted to tint my window with total surface area of not more than 15 sq ft. She suggested I buy the films and ask someone to help install it. Well, if I knew how or had my own contacts, why would I ask to include the installation fees. Nevertheless, she has given me the rough cost estimation.

Without installation - ~RM250
With installation - ~RM450!!!

Another replied my email directly saying - We do not provide films and installation for 15 sq ft.

Okay.. so, I guess, unless if I learn how to install on my own, I am not going to get anything UV-proof (@.@). Maybe, I should re-consider getting a blackout curtain then...

No comments:

Post a Comment