Friday, June 17, 2011

Letting go of your baby

Once I met a wise man and he told me, "You must have great karma since you are in this world in perfect form, looking radiant and well-spoken." Then he asked me, "How much do think your parents contributed to your well-being now?". It was difficult for me to answer as I knew that I would very much like to answer - EVERYTHING. The usual answer will be without them, I will never be here where I am.

However, I have learnt a little about karma, reincarnation and etc.. I am reincarnated because I have my attachment to life, I just have something that I cannot let go of. So, in Buddhism sense, it is not because of my parents.

Then, why am I living the life I have now with a loving Hubby and a perfect Little Jen? Again, this is the law of cause and effect. Because I must have done something good in my past life that I who I am now, reincarnated as a human with all loving and kindness surrounding me and above all, loads of chances to do good deed to gain more good karma.

He is right by saying that my parents breathed life into this physical body and brought me into this world but everything is an effect of my own doings. My parents could have done many things to change me to make me a 'better' person but eventually, my karma will rule over my life.

I can only bring up my Little Jen with all the love I have but it is up to himself to carve his life pathway. I do not own Little Jen and I can do everything I can to provide for him but his own karma will decide the person he will be in future.

Nonetheless, of course, parents are your God at home and when you think of it that way, you will learn to respect them and treat them with love and kindness. I do hope but I cannot demand that Little Jen will be as grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment