Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Losing weight fast and still losing...

Right after delivery of my son, I was too tired to be bothered about my weight, but  I did care about how my tummy looked. It was still bulging and sort of loose.

1 month later...

I finally got hold of a weighing scale to check on my weight - 56kg. I lost a whooping 14kg in the first month! Well.. my son was 3.65kg at birth and so, that meant I lost about 10kg myself. I never expected myself to lose so much within 30 days but I must thank my dear little son for that.

He was a big drinker since Day 0 as he could already gulp down 2-3oz at one go. The nurse in the nursery was teasing him as 'Gemuk' and they warned me that he had a big appetite as he was rather huge for a newborn. I had to pump up my efforts in order to meet his appetite, in within 2 weeks, I was already 100% feeding him with expressed breast milk (EBM).

2 months later...

This time, I stood on the scale hoping that I would have returned to my actual weight before pregnancy. Unfortunately, I was a 54-kg. About 2kg more to go, which seemed like a lifetime to lose. By this time, my son was already consistently taking about 3oz at every feedings.

Now, 3 1/2 months later...

Just few weeks ago, the scale was still showing 54kg and just few days ago, my weight reduced further to only 51kg! I am very close to my target - 50kg!

By this time, my son is already taking about 4-4.5oz at each feeding and he feeds every 2-3 hours, still exclusively feeding on breastmilk.

No comments:

Post a Comment