Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Being Heaviest During Pregnancy!

Throughout my life, I have never been called fat, as in really fat...fat... but the thought of a friend who told me something years ago reminded me further on the downside of being an obese person.

She told me, "...unless you have been fat and teased by friends badly before, you will never know how bad it really feels to be overweight." And, during that time, she was having asthma and due to the medication, she had no control over her weight. Poor her.. no wonder taking care of her own diet is her utmost priority.

I have always been a big eater, I eat what I like and when I want to. Guess the reason why I do not put on much weight is due to the fact that I have a better metabolism than the rest of the people at my age. During pregnancy, matters got worse, I felt hungry almost immediately after meals i.e. lunch or dinner and I had to eat or else, I would suffer from gastric. So, as to not trigger my gastric juices and starve my son, I ate and ate. I put on weight from 50kg to 70kg by the end of 10 months. That was a huge 20kg!

I prayed so hard that I would not be left with this extra weight after pregnancy as I was already feeling lethargic and fat due to the extra kilos. Not willing to feel that way for the next few years...

No comments:

Post a Comment