Thursday, November 18, 2010

Breastfeeding Baby When Having a Fever

On Nov 1st (Fever - Can I breastfeed?), I had fever and I went against the Doctor's advice to not breastfeed my little boy. I was not sure if I can continue to breastfeed but it is definitely worth taking a bet.

Good to announce that up-to-date, he has never been sick and is as healthy as a roaring tiger. Well, yes, he is making noises like a roaring tiger almost about the same time daily - mid-morning and after dinner-time.

So, I guess that the suggestions I got online are true - Breastfeed your baby even when you are down with a fever. That way, he will get your antibody and then be resistant to the germs. Just make sure that the Doctor gives you medicine which are safe for your baby since you will be breastfeeding.

The good thing about breastfeeding during a high fever on my side was that I could sleep while he fed. If I do not feed, I will have to pump instead, which will be a lot more cumbersome. This was very important as I needed my rest and I was just too dizzy to sterilise my pump, sit to do the pumping, wash the pump and store the milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment