Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Blackout Curtains over Tinted Window Film

Following my previous blog on my search for Tinted Film - For UV-Proof Windows, I have checked for more price idea at nearby shops myself and the cost for the 3-panel windows is about RM200-250 including installation. This is with 5 years warranty.

I reconsidered my options and I am now opting for blackout curtains. This is great since my mother in law is a seamstress and we can just buy the cloth with the patterns or colours that we want and she can sew them for me. We managed to find the blackout cloths at Kamdar, Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman and also Tewah in The Mines Shopping Centre. The prices range from RM12.90-RM28.90/m but the width of the cloths were different from about 60cm to 108cm. So, based on the window's measurement, we bought 5m of cloth with 60cm width from Kamdar. Total was about RM70 and the sewing of course, free-of-charge! Much more economical than tinting the windows.

Oh, the curtains are said to be able to block out 80-90% of sunlight which will be just fine as long as the UV doesn't get to me (*smile*).

No comments:

Post a Comment