Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Yu Yee Oil for Little Jen

My Little Jen uses Yu Yee oil once after his morning bath and once again after his evening bath or wipe. During antenatal class, the nurses taught us how to apply the oil after bath, simply by putting a drop into our hands, rub both hands until warm and then gently press the oil on the baby's tummy. This way, the oil will help to expel wind from babies' tummies and the warmth from mummies' hands will provide comfort.

We have been using the oil since he was a newborn and until now, just days before his 1st birthday. Probably bought about 10 bottles at max until now. The smell is just lovely and comforting. Sometimes, I use it too when I have stomachahe or bloated tummy. Yes, I have bloated tummy too especially when I take too much milk or get too hungry which also leads to gassiness. Even if it does not really help me, it gives me the comfort.

I am going to buy a new bottle of Yu Yee oil and probably use less of it but growing used to the smell, it is so hard not to use it. Just too nice to be forgotten.

2 comments:

  1. Hi my baby is 15 days old he had a poor appetite but after I apply yu yee oil on his tummyband back his appetite is better and he expels wind and look comfortable but I have one worry as my baby is said to be a G6PD deficiency and doc told me that he should stay away frm kacang parang and moth balls and certain antibiotics but the internet says a G6pd defiance person should avoid even menthol or peppermint but Yu Yee Oil has both of this I'm confused whatvshould I do

    ReplyDelete