Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Breastfeeding After 1 Year

Yes, Little Jen is already 1 Year 1 Week and 5 Days old and I am still breastfeeding him. Since he turned 7-8 months old, I had dropped all the day feedings and substituted with formula milk. Until now, I am still doing that but I have been trying hard to stop nursing him. It was not due to the pain during engorgement that made me nurse him. It is simply because it just feels right for a Mummy to provide the best nutrients for her little one.

By the way, recently, I have tried a little harder to stop nursing and my milk supply obviously reduced quite a lot. I am not feeling engorged by about 6pm although the last nursing was done in the morning at about 8am. It takes a lot of determination to stop nursing.

Now that I passed the 1 Year mark eventhough I only nurse at night, I do not think it is that easy to lose my milk supply unless if I really do not want to nurse Little Jen. However, this is really individual, some Mummies are really not able to maintain their supply if they do not constantly pump or nurse throughout the day. I am thankful to be able to relax on breastfeeding and still provide comfort to Little Jen.

No comments:

Post a Comment