Friday, May 25, 2012

Week 28+ - Detailed Scan at HUKM

Interesting day today. I shall be able to see my twins again.

UNFORTUNATELY, Hubby could not take leave from work and I had to go on my own to HUKM. I went early and reached slightly past 8am but by the time I reached, there was a heavy downpour at HUKM. I wanted to use the Valet Parking service but it was full. So, I had to go for the normal parking. Looking for parking slot took a little time and effort since I had to stop my little car at a spot and hope for a car to leave. Finally.. managed to get a good spot. BUT then, my umbrella was at the car boot! Oh, gosh. I had to push my driver's seat to the back and then climb out of my seat to the back passenger seats to reach for the umbrella. Imagine me with my big belly doing that!

Walked through the heavy rain slowly and went up the long flight of staircase at the parking area as carefully as I could. By the time I reached the building, I was feeling damp all over. My feets were soaking wet.

I waited for about an hour for my turn to scan. Luckily I brought the newspaper along.

When it was my turn, the Sonographer told me that he would have his trainee to scan me for about 15 minutes and then he would do the scan again for me to re-confirm. However, in less than 10 minutes, I was already feeling hot flushes in my cheeks and cold sweat appearing on my forehead! The Sonographer realised that I was too quiet and asked me to take a break. He said that normally for twins pregnancy, Detailed Scan would be done at week 21 and never later than week 24. He had a twin mummy passing out during the scan itself once and he understood very well the burden that I was carrying. It was just too heavy for me to bear while laying flat down.

After the short break, he did the scan himself - Thank God for that! And, he allowed me to lie sideways with raised back instead of flat. He first scanned my little twin boy. My boy was so cooperative, he managed to get all the required details at one go. He even gave me a 3D picture of my boy's face! He looked so much like his Daddy!


Then, he allowed me to go for another break since scanning each baby would take about 30 minutes. Throughout the scan, he kept asking me if I was feeling uncomfortable and needed a break. I was his last patient that morning and he told me that was why he could take his time to finish the scan.

My little twin girl was not as cooperative. The Sonographer tried and tried and even spoke to her but she just refused to turn over him to have a good look at her. After a total of about 45 minutes, he gave up. He said that she was just too active and shy at the same time.

Overall, they were both healthy and actively moving inside. Mummy had too much amniotic fluid which meants Mummy would have to suffer carrying the big belly with extra weight but they were both having fun inside due to the extra space. Hmm.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment