Friday, May 25, 2012

Week 31 - Pre-Natal Check up at HUKM

This time's check up, I had to go on my own again. That meant driving to the hospital and go through the check up and then drive home on my own. Too bad Hubby could not accompany me since he had to work. Okay, I thought, I could do this, not a problem. I woke up early, sent my Little Jen to my mother in law's place and drived through McDonalds on the way to get a set of breakfast meal with an additional ala-carte egg mcmuffin. Planned to take my breakfast while waiting at HUKM.

Unfortunately, it took me A WHOLE HOUR to look for a parking spot! I finished the Hash Brown in the car since I was already too hungry to wait. I was basically stuck in a merry go round in the parking lot for the whole hour looking for parking spot and the whole area was jammed with cars!

My appointment was at 10am and i reached the parking lot at 8.45am. Usually, the patients will arrive half an hour to an hour earlier than their scheduled appointment to drop their appointment book and wait for their turn. I arrived on the dot this time.

Paid RM40 for the check up and ultrasound scan, got my waiting number, took my Blood Pressure, weighed myself and took the Urine Test. While waiting for my turn to do the Ultrasound scan, I took one of my McMuffins. This time, a young lady did the scan. She asked me to lie down and then, she went out to speak to her colleague on something. I had to sit up while waiting since I could not lie down for long, my belly was just too heavy and I could feel cold sweat on my forehead already. That was not too nice, by the way. Oh.. and no ultrasound pictures for mummy too..

Waiting for the check up after the scan took really long. Finished my other McMuffin while waiting since I was already hungry. It was already past noon and I was still waiting. The Doctor said that I had too much amniotic fluid and that might be a sign of diabetes. So, despite having a negative glucose test in the previous check up, I had to go through another round of glucose test. Both my twins are at about 1.7 and 1.8kg now. Very close to 2kg! Great.. just hang in there for few more weeks..

As they were worried about my high amniotic fluid level that they said might lead to premature labour, they scheduled my next appointment 2 weeks later.

No comments:

Post a Comment