Friday, May 25, 2012

My New Breastfeeding Gadget - Ardo Calypso Dual Breast Pump

Finally I managed to get the new upgraded Ardo Calypso Dual Breast Pump as soon as it was released in the market. Although this retailer has an online website (http://www.enjoybreastfeed.com/) where all their items can be easily purchased with just a few clicks, I went all the way to the Enjoy Breastfeeding showroom in Klang just to test out the pump last Saturday.

The shop was pretty small and had 2 staffs assiting the boss and lady boss, Michelle. The shop was basically swarmed by mummies. Some were getting advice on breastfeeding and some were looking for breastpumps for their coming bundle of joy. I went straight to one of the staffs and requested to test out the Ardo Calypso Dual Breastpump.

She explained to me patiently on the pump and I also managed to ask questions on the Ameda and Medela Freestyle breastpumps.

Ameda is great as well and is from the same manufacturer as Ardo Calypso. However, I heard from a friend of mine that it is a hassle when it comes to pumping at weird places like toilets since she cannot think of a suitable place to place the pump unit and the bottles. So, this will also definitely be a problem for me as I travel alot.

Medela Freestyle.. wow.. I must say that I was not pleased at all with the sound that was emitted from the tiny machine. It was loud compared to the pump that I previously bought, Avent Single Uno. AND it sounded weird to me, kind of funny too. However, in terms of size, it is a plus point since the pump unit is smaller than Ardo Calypso's.

Ardo Calypso.. affordable, weight wise is about the same as Medela Freestyle to me. Size of the pump unit is two times the Medela Freestyle's which is big. It is as big as my novel as shown in the picture below:


There is a hook on top of the unit which makes it convenient for me to put a string so that I can hang the unit while pumping. This eliminates the need to look for a suitable spot to place the pump unit while preparing or pumping.

The pumps is also really quiet! This is good. At least I can more discreet when I pump.. :)

Below picture shows what I get from the whole package - The Dual Pump, 3 Ice Packs, 8 Bottles, 1 Bagpack and a free bottle of Fenugreek! Good deal at RM976.


The below show how the pump fits into the bag - Of course I will not be bringing all 8 bottles out at one time, so the pump funnels and bottles will go here:


The pump unit and adaptor will be placed at the bottom of the bag:


Shall look forward to commenting on the performance when I start using it later.. Next week! Soon..

9 comments:

  1. Hi, I m interested on this pump also. Wat is ur comment after using it? Please share with me, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hye there, thanks for your great reviews (read from older post too). it helps me a lot in searching which one is the best. thanks and nice blog too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pauline and Farahana.. Thanks a lot for reading. I shall be posting comments on the pump soon after my confinement.. I have recently delivered my twins and will be back in front of the laptop in July.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thought of buying this pump too... Any good feedback from your side? Hope to hear from you !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://buzzymummydiary.blogspot.com/2013/05/ardo-calypso-satisfaction-but.html

      Delete
  5. Hi, I'm thinking of buying a new pump coz the one I have is not very effective and after reading your review on Ardo, I'm very interested. Can you tell me how is it after you have been using it? I really want to know, thank you very much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://buzzymummydiary.blogspot.com/2013/05/ardo-calypso-satisfaction-but.html

      Delete
  6. hi, i'm interested to know your comment of this pump after using it for few months? Please share. thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://buzzymummydiary.blogspot.com/2013/05/ardo-calypso-satisfaction-but.html

      Delete