Friday, May 25, 2012

Week 33 - Pre-Natal Check Up at HUKM

Yippie! Hubby managed to take leave from work and he could accompany me for my check up this time! Easy, he just dropped me at the entrance and meet up with me after parking the car. We reached early with our McDonalds breakfast in hand.

Needed to pay RM40 again this time for the check up and ultrasound scan. As usual, got my waiting number, took my Blood Pressure, Weight, Urine Test and then waited for my turn to do the ultrasound scan.

The waiting took quite a while but it was okay since we took our breakfast while waiting for it. Read a bit of the newspaper and then it was my turn. A young man did the scan for me this time. Hubby was allowed into the room with me. Little boy was head down whereas Little Girl's head was at the top of my belly. They were both about 2.1kg each now.

After a short while, it was my turn for Doctor's consultation. This time, Doctor commented that the level of amniotic fluid for my little girl was okay whereas my little boy a little more, borderline. The shocking thing at this appointment was that, the Doctor asked if I would like to consider vaginal delivery. Never came across to me since my first appointment with my Gynae at the Pantai Cheras Hospital that I would consider vaginal delivery. He told me from the very first appointment that I would have to go for C-Section for my twins' delivery since my 1st Little Jen was delivered via C-Section and the fact that I was carrying twins made it riskier to consider vaginal delivery. However, of course, I was delighted at the thought of having a chance to deliver my twins vaginally.

The Doctor scheduled me for my next appointment 3 weeks later which would be the 36th week. Hmm.. carrying twins.. I thought appointments shold be closer now but he scheduled to see me only 3 weeks later and that week, he would look forward to an answer from me on my decision to either deliver vaginally or through C-Section.

2 comments:

  1. Hi mummy, May I know how was your experience delivered baby at HUKM? Can you tell me more details as Im struggling between HUKM and Ampang hospital.
    Im now preggie in week 27, doing regular checkup at HUKM and private clinic, but my friend just given her advice not recommended as she got bad experience there.
    That's why I need some other comments, thank you in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are referring to the government HUKM.. I guess it really depends on your luck. My overall experience was okay and of course... being in an overcrowded hospital and paying much less compared to private hospital, you get what you pay for. The doctors did well despite their hectic day and the nurses were not too bad too. You do not get to choose your doctor.. so.. that is why I do believe it is your luck. My twins survived.. so did I :)

    ReplyDelete