Monday, August 8, 2011

Little Jen - Say no to MSG

Little Jen had caused me much discomfor during pregnancy. I could not take outside food as often and if I had to, I would choose my food carefully. Anything with too much MSG was too much for my tastebuds and would make me nauseous. I grew up finishing everything in my bowl or plate and never left anything behind. With Little Jen's anti-MSG strike while he was in my womb, I had to ask my Hubby to finish all my food when the content of MSG was more than detectable.

Hubby grew up taking Bovril and Marmite and so, Mother In Law thought that Little Jen would like it too. I had never taken any in my past 27 years of life. The ingredient, MSG was clearly stated there on the Bovril's label. True enough, Little Jen would try to delay his next spoon everytime Bovril was added into his porridge. Finally, Mother In Law gave up on Bovril and resumed to feeding him porridge with ground anchovies whivh he liked very much. Little Jen is a disaster but when it comes to food, he seems to have a healthy tastebud. Oh, no coffee for this little one as well. We shall see next time if he hate this too.

No comments:

Post a Comment