Monday, August 1, 2011

World Breastfeeding Week 2011 @ 1-7 August 2011

This  year's theme for WBW is "Talk to me! Breastfeeding - a 3D Experience".
As reflected by the theme, communication is encouraged for better breastfeeding awareness and knowledge especially between different generations,  sectors, genders, and culture. This encourages the sharing of knowledge and experience, thus enabling wider outreach.

I agree with the problem on the knowledge sharing aspect especially for new mummies trying to get hold of breastfeeding especially before they have the chance to experience themselves since they are usually in their pre-natal stage and also in the first few days after giving birth to their bundle of joy. I myself was one of these mummies too slightly more than a year ago.

As communication is an essential part of protecting, promoting and supporting breastfeeding, I am sharing my experience and knowledge as a normal working Mummy trying to juggle breastfeeding with family, work and my very own self. It is true experience and I am not painting the picture of a bed of roses for you. It is definitely not as easy as it seems.

Naturally yes, Mummies are to breastfeed their babies but it is a path full of potholes and water puddles. Once you get a hang of it by getting more information beforehand and being persistent especially during the first month of breastfeeding, you will very soon be cruising on 5th gear!

No comments:

Post a Comment