Monday, April 4, 2011

Little Jen Down with Flu, Cough and Sorethroat

I guess it is the season again where a lot of people will fall prey to the hot weather. My Mother In Law was first to get attacked by sorethroat and cough, and soon, the whole family including my Hubby got infected. Little Jen was infected slightly earlier than myself.

It started with running nose and that night itself, I woke up suddenly to find Little Jen feeling hot all over. I got worried and chucked a digital thermometer in his armpit while he was still asleep. The thermometer reading went up to a shocking 38.8 deg C. In the middle of the night, there was no way we would get any Doctor to have a look at our baby. I immediately went to get Little Jen's fever syrup prescribed by the Doctor when he had fever last 2 months. Woke Little Jen up and fed him the syrup. He cried a little but went back into deep sleep very soon after that. To help relieve the heat, I put a wet towel on his forehead and checked on him for the next 2 hours. Finally, his temperature seemed to reduced a little and I dozed off to sleep myself unknowingly... Too tired I guess. Little Jen had not been a good sleeper for the past 2-3 nights, so, obviously, I was affected too.

The next day, Little Jen's fever had subsided but he still had running nose and it also sounded like he had a bad throat. Went to the Doctor for check up.

We also told the Doctor about Little Jen's fever and he commended that the fever was considered high for a baby of 8 1/2 months old. He gave us some medication which was to be inserted though the anus, just in case of any high fever next time. That would really be helpful, especially when Doctors are out of reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment