Monday, April 4, 2011

Breastfeeding at Work - Schedule in First 7 Months

Breastfeeding for working Mummies is no easy task but with the help of the following, things are much more convenient. Although I am working at home, I still made sure that I did what other Mummies would do when they were out at work while still breastfeeding their babies.

My Little Jen would have his last feed in the morning at about 7am and then between 9am and 10am, I would pump once. The next session would be during lunch and the last session would be after 5pm. The rest of the day, I would nurse my Little Jen on demand.

When I was outstation for business, I would pump again at between 9pm and 10pm and then again between 6am and 7am. That would mean pumping 5 times a day. However, 5 times a day was only good for few days, longer than that, the milk supply would drop quite significantly.

That was in my case, I am sure, every individual is different.

No comments:

Post a Comment