Tuesday, March 15, 2011

How to increase milk supply?

I have learnt from experience and I guess it takes a lot of effort. Your effort in increasing your milk supply will most probably be successful especially if you have exclusively breastfed your baby in the first month at least. I did not nurse my Little Jen directly due to problems during early breastfeeding days but I did provide him with all the milk he needed since his first week onwards.

During early days of breastfeeding, I did not have enough to provide to my Little Jen. Pumping every 2-3 hours during day time and every 3-4 hours at night helped to quickly bring in my milk which came after colostrum.

Taking nutritious food was also very important. Skimping on meals will only harm yourself as your little one will take the necessary nutrients from your own reserves. Chicken herbal soups that promote better blood circulation certainly did help me regain my milk supply when it was low due to stress at work. Oh, I ate

During breastfeeding, you will also notice that milk supply is most in the morning. I guess that is also because you have had a good rest at night and therefore, it contributed to better milk production. So, rest well too.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, what works for me may or may not work for others but sure worth a try.. hope it helps :)

    ReplyDelete