Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Breastfeeding at Work - Schedule after 8 Months

When Little Jen was 8 months old, I began to relax on my breastfeeding schedule. I lengthen the time in between pumps for e.g instead of pumping between 8-9am and lunch time, I was pumping only at lunch time. Then after work, I breastfeed Little Jen directly and refrained from pumping unless I felt too engorged.

Eventually, I was able to go through the whole working day without any pumping. That meant from 9am till 5pm, plus minus an hour or two. The good part was that I suddenly felt I had so much extra time and I could spend more time with my Little Jen.

After doing so for about 1 month now, I am facing low milk supply. Little Jen is now only able to nurse happily right after my working hours and the following meals until his bedtime, he has to count on the expressed breast milk stored in the freezer. I am happy that it looks like the supply will be enough to last for a another month or two.

When he cries for milk in the middle of the night, I am still nursing him directly but I guess this will also be gone soon. Appreciating the moments while I am still still experiencing it (*smile*).

No comments:

Post a Comment