Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Week 38 - C-Sect Delivery at HUKM

Long delay in my post about the crucial part between being pregnant and having a kid or two. In my case.. I had two.
 
Because I was expecting twins and the doctors were not able to allow me to go on medical leave, I requested the doctor to schedule me fot C-Section as soon as my twins were matured enough. That was Week 38.
 
My C-Sect was scheduled on a Monday because I was under that group of doctors. And I admitted myself to the hospital the evening before as instructed. The interesting part was.. I was wheeled to my ward despite me telling the nurse I could still walk at way reduced speed. Special treatment?
Dinner was served. 'Hospital grade' food never tasted good anyway. Hubby brought me dinner and since it was past visiting hours, we dated at the bench outside my ward.
 
After that.. from midnight onwards, no more food and drinks. Time to fast for the big day.
 
By about 8pm or so, a young handsome doctor came and told me that he had to put the drip chamber on me already. Ouch.. but my operation was scheduled tomorrow. He insisted, so, okay.
 
Next day came.. my twins birthday. Doctors came for their morning rounds and I asked one nice lady doctor about my C-Sect time. She said I was scheduled before 2pm.
 
Not too bad.. 2PM. I used to drink at least 3 big bottles of water a day but since I had to fast for the operation, I had to just forget about my thirst for water. By noon, no signs of me being prepared for the operation and the lady that was scheduled before me was still there opposite me in bed. BUT.. the doctor had already inserted the urine tube for me.. how uncomfortable.
 
By dinner time.. I was still there in bed and by that time, I was already feeling really weak and lifeless. No water and food.. I was just feeling tired and hungry and so thirsty. My twins were probably feeling them too.. just lying in there quiet and not moving alot.
 
I kept asking the nurses and doctors about my 'turn' and poor them, too many emergency cases to handle.
 
By 9pm, a lady doctor came. She asked if I woild like to reschedule my operation but after a second thought, she was afraid that if I waited any longer, I might need to go for emergency C-Sect which would definitely put us 3 in danger. So, the next option was to get my permission to be operated on by the next shift of doctors.  I was so tired and blur at that time.. anything was fine as long as my twins would be fine.
 
So.. 9.10pm my twin boy was delivered and my twin girl followed by 9.11pm. The operation was smooth and there a few doctors around.. for me and my twins.
 
Happy beginning to 'twinhood'.

No comments:

Post a Comment