Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Breastfeeding - Travelling & Workwear

I have been nursing my twins for more than 2 years now and before that, I nursed my eldest son up to the time I gave birth to the twins. Total of about 4 years!

I have a full time job.. at home. BUT, I travel quite heavily and usually outstation or out of country to places like Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand. I like travelling and I enjoy keeping my full time job. The other full time job that I cannot not love and cannot stop just cause I am travelling is NURSING.

Like a cow, I brought my Ardo Calypso Dual Pump everywhere I went. It was the most important thing after my passport and phone. Armed with lots of ice packs, Styrofoam boxes and plenty of bottles.. always ready to pump when it was time.

Pumped on the plane, in the car, at airports, shopping centres (nursing rooms and changing rooms), highway rest area, restaurants.. discreetly done with my home-tailored nursing cover.

Throughout my breastfeeding journey, I did not wear dresses for work. It was the usual blouse and skirts or pants. Used to wear dresses for convenience sake (no need to mix and match) but now, as I am still nursing, two piece attire is more appropriate. And, I do not have to be concerned about looking for special dresses or attires. Just a simple 2 piece will do and with my nursing cover, I can pump anywhere, anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment