Tuesday, September 23, 2014

My 1st Marathon - 12KM

Told Hubby one day that I had a new dream. I would like to be a MARATHON RUNNER.

We simply registered for a 12KM marathon in Melaka. The Mahkota Medical Centre Charity Run was our 1st marathon. Right after registration, found out about other marathons with shorter distances. Oh, what did I just do.

Looking forward to the day, we trained. Not too hard, just trained around our housing area. The kids had fun at the playground as Hubby and I jogged around the playground. They had fun too I believe. When we put on our shoes and sports attire, they would already be anticipating a visit to the playground. They chased after us and tried to stop us as we ran pass them. It was fun! We all had fun.

Soon, running 3KM was not a problem anymore. We managed to finish within 25 minutes or so.

We ran at the park nearby our housing area as well.

Finally, the day came. We woke up so early in the morning, that itself was already a huge challenge. Lil Jas saw me in my running attire and said, "Mummy, we go playground?". I was puzzled but not long after I figured out that she thought we were all going to the playground as usual. Oh, poor Lil Jas. Had to tell her that she was staying home with Ah Kong and Ah Ma as Mummy and Daddy would be away without them for a few hours.

There we were, a little late but just in time to join the warming up session. We were all excited!

Everyone then moved to the Starting Point and at exactly 7PM, we all started our Marathon. It felt so good running on the road with so many people, guarded by a few traffic police along the way.

The 1st 3KM was not too easy but after that, we just could not stop. I ran up the Melaka bridge and down and went pass a few people who were already walking in exhaustion. Saw a very Old Uncle running in the opposite lane, on his way back to the Finishing Point already! Wow, Uncle.. he was at least 6KM ahead of me.

Finally, caught up with Hubby who was ahead and was also already walking by then. Went on to 9KM, bid farewell to Hubby and I went ahead of him.. (evil laugh)..

Walked a little at around the 11th KM. Final 500m to go! Run!

Obviously I did not make it to the Top 10 but making it to the Finishing Line at 1 hour and 22 minutes was a personal record! That was enough to surprise me. Hubby came at 1 hour and 23 minutes.



Bumped into the Old Uncle again and found out that he was 80 YEARS OLD. And, he was a national basketball player in the past. Very inspiring indeed. His advise - Run! The more you run, the younger you will be!

Uncle Boleh.. saya pun BOLEH!


P/S - I am still breastfeeding my twins at night, outside working hours now.

No comments:

Post a Comment