Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Exercising after C-Sect Delivery

8 months has passed since I given birth to my Little Jen via C-Sect. I have never experienced natural birth but one thing for sure is that delivery via C-Sect will need a much longer period to recover to my usual self.

3 months after the delivery, I was toying with the idea of playing badminton without running or jumping. That was not fun at all.

6 months after the delivery, I was able to jump a little and that made playing badminton a bit more exciting. Anyway, I was never a badminton player, so, it made no difference whether I could jump higher or run faster since my response towards the shuttle cock never changed a bit *smile sheepishly*.

The one sport that I really enjoyed before delivery was swimming and at this time, I could already swim like normal. It was relaxing and really helped lift up my mood a little. Imagine 6 months of no-sports-no-fun period. Why not? Even a sneeze would have caused me some pain at the operation area. I had to place both my hands firmly on my healing wound instead of covering my mouth when I sneezed to suppress the pain.

Now at 8 months, I am definitely ready for Yoga, my favourite exercise. Oh, I will be starting my class this week! I am just so excited! Finally!

No comments:

Post a Comment