Thursday, February 17, 2011

China - Breastfeeding is Best

I had been suffering backache for the past few weeks and finally, my Hubby took me for massage. We tried out the Massage Centre near the badminton court in Taman Cheras Hartamas. It costed me RM50 for a full body massage.

The lady that massaged me was from China. To my delight, she asked me if I was still in studying. I surprised her with my answer that I already had a 7-mth old son and that guy that accompanied me earlier was my Hubby. She quickly complimented on how young and fit I looked (*wink*).

Then, she told me that she was married too but she separated from her Hubby long time ago. Her daughter was already 8 years old. She then asked if I was breastfeeding my baby to which I answered yes proudly.

She was amazed and told me that most Mummies she met in Malaysia never wanted to breastfeed their own baby for the fear of their figures. They were worried that their breast will eventually sag. However, in China, most Mummies breastfeed their own baby for at least 6 months exclusively.

I have not stopped nursing Little Jen, so I cannot not comment on what to expect after weaning off Little jen from the breast. However, losing my figure will never ever be an excuse for me to not give my best to my Little Jen. Anyway, it is not like ladies in Malaysia go out on the street without any bras on. And, of course, I will not place my Hubby's interest first before my children (Note - More than one child/person). For reassurance, my Hubby and I had mutually agreed to care for our children to the best of our ability and this includes breastfeeding (*smile*).

No comments:

Post a Comment